Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the difference between a fire alarm and a fire monitoring system?
A standard fire alarm connects to your electrical system, sounding a siren when smoke is detected. A fire monitoring system connects to a central station that sounds a siren while dispatching the fire department.
2. Can JSS monitor my security system even though I bought it elsewhere?
Yes. We service and monitor all security and fire alarm systems on the market today.
3. Can JSS upgrade my existing security and fire system?
Yes, in most cases. If not, we suggest an alternate plan at a reasonable cost.
4. What security system does JSS suggest if I rent a home?
Renters should consider a wireless system that can move to any location.
5. Can JSS help me if I’ve never had a security system before?
Yes. We’re certified and trained to handle all security system questions.
6. Is it expensive to install security cameras?
The cost varies. Factors include: number of cameras; type of lens and recording device; color and resolution; and lighting.
7. Will I be able to view my security cameras from a remote location?
Yes. Your security cameras can be securely viewed from any location around the world.
8. When considering a recording device, what advantages does a DVR have over a VCR?
A DVR offers more storage, works with CDs instead of VCR tapes and can be viewed from a remote location at any designated time.
9. Does JSS install gate operators?
Yes. We install all types including slide, swing and barrier. We also install gate communication systems powered by electricity or solar panels.
10. Does JSS install access control products?
Yes. Maglocks, door locks, card access and biometric readers are just a few.
11. How can I get a quote from JSS?
Contact us today at (205) 752-3569 for a FREE on-site security system consultation.
12. What are your payment terms?
We accept all major credit cards and cash. We also provide leasing options with credit-approval.
For more information, call Jackson Security Services today at
(205) 752-3569 or complete the form below: